VISAS and essential information

Residence Accommodation

Before your trip to France to study French you will need to find out about the visa requirements. You should do this well ahead of time as sometimes getting all the official documents together can take a while.

If you are a citizen of the European Union you will need either a valid passport or an identity card depending on your country of origin.

Information about `Schengen`

As of July 2010, Schengen is made up of 26 countries including those below. Note: Ireland and the United Kingdom are NOT members of the Schengen area.

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Luxembourg
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Spain
  • Sweden

For non-EU students please visit Campus France for more details on applying for a student visa for France (more than 90 days).

If you have a Shengen visa international flights within the territory are considered as internal flights so if you have a visa to enter a country that is part of the Schengen agreement then you can easily travel to France on that visa. FIN says make sure that you get the right information well before your departure date. If you are not sure if you need a visa or not click on the following link for more information here or contact the French Embassy or Consulate in your native country.

Younger students

All students below the age of 18 MUST have a signed letter from their parents permitting them to study at FIN and to leave their country of origin. FIN can send you an example letter .

DO NOT FORGET YOUR HEALTH AND PERSONAL BELONGINGS INSURANCE. Contact our insurance partner for a suitable policy for your stay at French in Normandy.