This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of French in Normandy for data that we collect:
- through our website operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”)
- through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us
- when you visit us for a language learning course or when you book a course with us through other parties online or otherwise
- through third parties such as educational institutions, language travel agencies and tour operators
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with other channels, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
“Personal Data” are data that identify you as an individual or relate to an identifiable individual.
At touchpoints throughout your guest journey, we collect Personal Data in accordance with law, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Language preference
- Date and place of birth
- Nationality, passport, visa or other government-issued identification data
- Employer details
- Travel itinerary, tour group or activity data
In more limited circumstances, we collect Personal Data in a variety of ways:
- Online Services. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation, purchase goods and services from our Websites or communicate with us, or otherwise connect with us or post to social media pages, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey, contest or promotional offer.
- Customer Care. We collect Personal Data when you make a reservation over the phone, communicate with us by email, fax or via online chat services or contact customer service.
- Authorized Partners. We collect Personal Data from companies when we enter into an agreement to work together and for these third parties to represent French in Normandy.
- Strategic Business Partners. We collect Personal Data from companies with whom we are in partnership to provide you with goods and services. Examples of Strategic Business Partners include travel and tour partners, educational institutions, car rental providers and travel booking platforms. Strategic Business Partners are independent from French in Normandy.
- Other Sources. We may collect Personal Data from other sources, such other third parties.
We collect Other Data in a variety of ways:
- Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Online Services, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize the French in Normandy experience while using the Online Services and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Online Services. We also gather statistical data about use of the Online Services to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
- Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we collected and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER DATA
We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide you with language course and accommodation services, to develop new offerings and to protect French in Normandy and our students as detailed below. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Data or Other Data to us directly. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the service that you requested.
We will use Personal Data and Other Data to manage our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation including the following:
- Provide the Services you request. We use Personal Data and Other Data to provide Services you request, including:
- To facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations or pre-arrival messages, to assist you with your choice of course, your accommodation and journey to French in Normandy and to provide you with other information about the area and the accommodation which you have requested
- To complete your reservation and stay, for example, to process your payment, ensure that your class and accommodation choice is available and provide you with related customer service
- To support our electronic receipt program. When you provide an email address in making a reservation, we use that email address to send you a copy of your bill. If you make a reservation for another person using your email address, that person’s bill will be emailed to you, as well. You can opt out of receiving your bill via email and instead receive a paper copy by contacting info at frenchinnormandy.com.
- Personalize the Services according to your Personal Preferences. We use Personal Data and Other Data to personalize the service we offer and improve your experience, including when you contact our school, visit our school or use our accommodation service or use the Online Services, to:
- Customize your experience according to your personal preferences
- Present offers tailored to your Personal Preferences
Communicate with you about goods and services according to your personal preferences. We use Personal Data and Other Data to:
- Send you marketing communications and promotional offers, as well as periodic newsletters, customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys
- Competitions, activities, events and promotions. We use Personal Data and Other Data to allow you to participate in competitions, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules and may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER DATA
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of language training, hospitality and service, and to do so, we share Personal Data and Other Data with the following:
- French in Normandy. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to our staff within French in Normandy for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and personalizing the service we offer, customizing your language course, communicating with you and to accomplish our business purposes. French in Normandy is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Data. We share your Personal Data and Other Data used for making a reservation with the applicable accommodation or transport service that you have requested to fulfill and complete your reservation.
- Strategic Business Partners. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data with select Strategic Business Partners who provide goods, services and offers that enhance your experience with French in Normandy. For example, this sharing also enables us to provide you with a single source for purchasing packages that include language course booking and travel-related services, such as transport, airport pickups, car hire and accommodation packages.
- Service Providers. We disclose Personal Data and Other Data to third-party service providers for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Examples of service providers include companies that provide website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, marketing, auditing and other services.
TO REFUSE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER DATA
To ask us not to archive your Personal and Other Data relating to your reservation simply indicate this on the booking form or contact us.