Our French Language Course Methodology
It is quick and easy to learn a language if you follow these basic principles :
- We use an oral based communicative method. It is more fun and more easily put to use in every life and language situations
- We use speaking and listening to a maximum in all our lessons and we emphasise the importance of listening through fun activities such as listening games and listening comprehension.
- At French in Normandy we take great care placing our students into appropriate groups at the right level. At the beginning of the week your teacher will give you full details of what your objecives for the week are for grammar, vocabulary and tasks. All our levels are in line with the Common European Framework.
- Our teachers : Our team is made up of experienced and qualified native French speakers
- Our material is carefully chosen and made in house to meet your language learning needs.
This is how your French language courses are taught:
- All our lessons are given in French.
- In lessons the students speak more than the teacher.
- We concentrate on speaking and listening in class and reading and writing for homework.
- We teach blocks of language rather than just lists of vocabulary.
- We correct as we go along so that students retain a correct model.
- We check the level of knowledge in each class before presenting a new topic.
- New vocabulary is taught via known structures and new structures using well known vocabulary. Theoretical explanation is kept to a minimum at levels beginner, A1/A2/B1.
- We encourage our students to be creative with the language and to be active in their own learning process.
- We use a task based methodical approach to test acquired skills.
- We apply the principles of acquired psychology in our lessons and incorporate multiculturalism and shared experience