Applying for a Visa to Study in France
You decided you want to come to France to study, now you need to start getting ready. If you are a non-EU national you need to plan well in advance to ensure that you get your visa before you leave your country. You also need to do this, whether you are an EU national or not, if you decide to stay in France for 90 days or more. Let us explain what the procedure is:
1. Create an ‘’Etudes en France’’ Account. This process starts by clicking one of the links below, depending on they type of student that you will be in France:
I am a study-abroad/exchange/dual-degree student
I have been accepted to a French language class, a professional training, a full-time undergraduate/graduate program, a PhD program
2. Make an online payment of $190 online. This is the processing fee and you can make this payment by clicking here.
3. The next step is to email the required paper work to Campus France USA. The email should be sent to [email protected] with the mandatory subject line: “REGULAR SERVICE + LAST NAME + USXX-XXXXX”. You will also need to include:
- The regular service cover page filled out
- A photocopy of the official acceptance letter
- A copy of the online payment receipt
- Your Visa Application
4. Once your application is processed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Campus France USA. Please remember that a printed version of this email will be requested at your visa appointment. We also recommend carrying this letter with you when you are travelling to France.
If you are not sure whether you need a visa or not you can also take a quick test to check: https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/ai-je-besoin-d-un-visa
In summary, for you to be able to get a visa, you need to meet the conditions below:
- You must be 18 years old, or older.
- You must have a clear idea regarding where and what you want to study.
- You must be accepted by the institution of your choice. The enrolment procedure can vary.
For more information on how to enrol at French in Normandy and visa procedures that apply to our school, feel free to contact us: https://www.frenchinnormandy.com/contacts/ . We want to welcome you in Rouen and would be happy to assists you in this process.