COVID Policy Update May 2021
Download our updated Covid policies and practices here.
As we reopen the school and look towards the future, French in Normandy has devised comprehensive guidelines to ensure the health & safety of our staff and students. All students will be provided with a set of expectations to follow both in the school and at their accommodation. The cooperation of all students, visitors, teachers and staff is imperative to continued success at French in Normandy, allowing everyone to achieve their French learning goals in this new setting. The new health & safety guidelines are outlined below followed by temporary cancellation and refund policies.
See updated COVID policies and practices here. (May 2021)
Everyone entering the school MUST immediately sanitise their hands and each class room will be equipped with sanitiser for regular use and tissues for single use.
Students must all be in the school at the time given and may only enter up to 30 minutes after their class starts as classes may have to be given at staggered intervals.
Students are responsible for their own personal equipment which must not be shared and must be kept clean and sanitised daily.
Students must come to French in Normandy equipped with their own face protection – we suggest a visor as this will facilitate language learning and a mask which is necessary for all public transport and in designated public places.
Students agree to stick to the designated pathways in the school, respect staggered coffee breaks, not congregate in groups of more than 10.
Students are responsible for their health and safety, that of other students and that of our staff in respecting the 1 metre social distancing rule at all times.
Students will receive an eco friendly mug on arrival and they will be responsible for using/keeping clean. Mugs must be named and not be shared with anyone else.
Students who decide to eat in the premises must provide their own utensils and take them away. Anything found in the staff kitchen or anywhere else in the school, will be removed at the end of the day.
For both staff and students, smoking or using electronic cigarettes, is NOT permitted in or near the school to avoid groupings.
Anyone breaking these rules will not be allowed entrance to the school and no refunds will be given.
All staff entering the school MUST immediately disinfect their hands. Each class room will be equipped with hand sanitisers for regular use and tissues for single use.
Teaching staff must all be in the school at least 30 minutes before their class starts as classes may have to be given at staggered intervals.
All staff must wear a mask on public transport to and from the school and wear a face protection visor in the school and in lessons.
Teaching staff will be responsible for keeping windows open and airing the classrooms (shutters may be closed if windy, wet etc) and closing them after the lessons.
All staff are responsible for their own personal equipment which must not be shared and must be disinfected twice daily.
Teaching staff will be responsible for disinfecting the equipment they use in class (ie Bluetooth keyboards/tv commands etc).
All staff are responsible for ensuring that students stick to the designated pathways, ensuring that staggered coffee breaks are respected and that students do not congregate in groups of more than 10.
All staff are responsible for themselves and their students in respecting the 1 metre social distancing rule at all times.
All staff are responsible for tidying up and removing the waste paper bin liner from their class or post and placing it in the outside containers daily.
All staff will receive an eco-friendly mug on arrival and they will be responsible for using/keeping clean. Mugs must not be shared with anyone else
Staff who decide to eat in the premises must provide their own utensils and take them away. Anything found in the staff kitchen or anywhere else in the school, will be removed at the end of the day.
Temporary Cancellation & Refund Policy
1. FIN/Host families/commercial accommodation can not be held responsible in case of illness. Students agree to abide by all hygiene rules and safety regulations laid down by the French government, the school and the school’s recognised accommodation options. Health & safety recommendations are subject to change as the pandemic evolves. Some of these conditions include:
- a. maintaining physical/social distance of minimum 1 meter, refraining from personal contact with other students, staff and teachers (no handshakes, no kissing or hugging)
- b. regular, proper hand washing and sanitising
- c. limiting gatherings in any setting inside and outside the school
- d. proper disinfecting/washing of personal equipment (i.e. reusable masks and visors)
- e. no sharing of personal items (i.e. masks, pens, phones/tablets, cutlery etc)
- f. Students MUST inform the reception or emergency number staff at once in case of ANY sign of fever/infection. FIN instructions must then be followed.
- g. In the event of a new government imposed lockdown, French in Normandy will provide students with the option to complete their course online or receive a voucher for any unused courses to be taken at a later date.
- h. Courses may be cancelled up to 5 business days before the start date with no cancellation fees. Cancellation must be received by the agent or student in writing to the school’s main email address at info (@) frenchinnormandy.com.
3. Students must arrive at French in Normandy at the time given to them and must disinfect their hands upon arrival at the school. Students agree to arrive with a clean mask and transparent face visor and any other equipment they wish to use (phones/tablettes/laptops etc) for which they are responsible and will agree to sanitise and disinfect daily.
4. Students booking a host family accommodation must realise that social distancing may not be possible at all times within the family environment.
5. In the case of quarantine being required by the French authorities students will have to isolate themselves at their own expense.
Contact us in case of any questions regarding these policies and regulations.